Government Guidance on the Reopening of Tourism & Visitor Attractions from 4 July – England
The Government has outlined measures that will allow UK tourism and visitor attractions to reopen to the public.
The guidance, published by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, outlines the processes and facilities that businesses must put in place before reopening on July 4 so that both staff and visitors can be kept safe.
The advice will include guidelines for hotels and accommodation providers – such as campsites, caravan parks and short term lets – as well as indoor and outdoor visitor attractions and conference and events centres. Providing the conditions of the guidance are met, the wider sector is currently expected to open from 4 July 2020.
- Guidance on Tourism and the Visitor Economy will help to get the tourism sector back up and running so the public can safely take domestic holidays and visit attractions on days out
- A new Visit England standard will ensure hotels, other accommodation providers and attractions are compliant with government regulations and guidance
Timed tickets, cashless payments and social distancing to be in use for indoor and outdoor
The guidance makes clear that the following measures should be put in place:
- Hotels and accommodation providers will introduce deep cleaning regimes between guests.
- Meal services including breakfasts will be pre-booked and timed.
- Timed tickets will be introduced for exhibitions, theme parks, galleries and attractions to reduce the number of visitors in locations at the same time.
- One-way systems, clear floor markings and a queue management system should be in place to maintain social distancing measures at all attractions and help to limit contact between both staff and visitors.
- Organisations will also encourage cashless payments throughout to avoid cross contamination.
- In addition, visitor attractions will be instructed to introduce regular deep cleaning regimes across their site and some interactive displays will be temporarily closed. attractions
For full Government Guidance, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/the-visitor-economy and https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/hotels-and-other-guest-accommodation
For Government Guidance on other businesses and services please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
Also follow Hammond McNulty on Linked In for further updates https://www.linkedin.com/company/accountants-congleton-cheshire