Accounting and Audit
Do you know why you need an audit or why you should have one?
Traditionally this area has been the bedrock of our service as accountants, and involves the systematic preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
Many organisations have seen this type of service as a bureaucratic burden. At Hammond McNulty we focus on the important issues by understanding your business thoroughly in the first place. This means that we can think creatively, offer new ideas and try to approach problems in fresh ways.
Our aim is to turn the burden around, and use the audit or accounting assignment as an opportunity to provide valuable advice and assistance on our clients’ financial affairs. Our techniques often highlight areas where efficiency improvements can be made and costs reduced, adding to the profitability of the business. The responsibilities and regulations placed on us mean that the quality of our work is constantly under review and is therefore of the highest standard.
As an organisation we feel it necessary to move from score-keeper to coach. The information we gather, as part of our audit and accounting assignments is by its nature historical. Whilst this historical information has its merits, we advocate foresight and vision – to keep on top of your game. This can only be gained from regular and up-to-date management information systems. To that end we offer a complete management accounting service where we can prepare and analyse your performance.
Alternatively we will recommend suitable accounting software packages and train your team to fully utilise such systems.
Simple is good, Simple and effective is better.
If you need advice on the right accounts or payroll software for you, please talk to us.
We can also offer training in use of some of the leading packages.
In addition, being a fully computerised practice we have a great understanding of many I.T. areas and knowing our clients are in an excellent position to help them. We can often help or point you in the right direction with...
- Accounts software
- Online accounts packages
- Payroll software
- Contact management software
- Advising on the necessary hardware
- E-mail and internet set up
- Management reporting solutions
- Use of various office software packages
Do you need accurate accounts provided on time?
- Prepare accounts to help in completion of self-assessment tax returns
- Produce financial statements to file at Companies House and abridged accounts to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made public
Accounts are prepared to agreed timescales and deadlines.
But we can do more than just report the history of what's already happened...
- Identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability
- Identify areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements
- Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take
We take the time to explain your accounts to you so that you understand what is going on financially within your business, helping you to plan for the future.