skip to navigationskip to main content

Residential Property Capital Gains Tax

Here is a quick reminder on reporting the sale of residential property…

Whoever said that tax was simple! You now need to report the sale of residential property and any capital gain arising to HM Revenue & Customs within 30 days of the sale, you will also need to make payment of any tax due at that time.

Failure to do so will result in penalties. Any disposal will also have to be reported on your annual self-assessment tax return.

If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact our tax team for help.

For Government Guidance, please see:

Also follow us for further updates on:

Linked In


Subscribe to our newsletter

Our monthly newsletter contains a round up of the latest tax news and updates of what's happening at Hammond McNulty

As a subscriber you will automatically receive our newsletter direct to your inbox

Please read our Privacy Policy before signing up