skip to navigationskip to main content

Do You or Your Partner Earn over £50,000 & Receive Child Benefit?

Posted 28/04/2022

If you or your partner earned over £50,000 and received Child Benefit, you should consider the ‘High Income Child Benefit Charge.’

The charge applies if you have an individual income over £50,000 and either:

  • you or your partner get Child Benefit
  • someone else gets Child Benefit for a child living with you and they contribute at least an equal amount towards the child’s upkeep

It does not matter if the child living with you is not your own child.

For full details please see the Government Guidance at

For further updates, please follow us at:

Linked In


Subscribe to our newsletter

Our monthly newsletter contains a round up of the latest tax news and updates of what's happening at Hammond McNulty

As a subscriber you will automatically receive our newsletter direct to your inbox

Please read our Privacy Policy before signing up