Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – What to expect when you have made a claim
After you’ve made a claim:
– Keep a note or a print-out of your claim reference number as you won’t receive a confirmation SMS or email
– Retain all records and calculations for your claims, in case HMRC need to contact you about them
– Expect to receive the funds six working days after you apply, provided your claim matches records that HMRC hold for your PAYE scheme – you are asked not to contact them before this time
– To receive payment by 30 April, you will need to complete an application by 22 April
– Please ask your furloughed employees not to contact HMRC directly – they will not be able to provide them with any information on individual claims.
HMRC expect to be very busy so ask that you only call them if you can’t find what you need on GOV.UK or through their webchat service
HMRC will check claims made through the scheme and will act to protect public money against anyone who makes a claim using dishonest or fraudulent information.
Protect your own credentials from potential scammers and opportunist criminal activity.
For the link to apply to the scheme, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wages-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme
The Government have also produced a set-by step guide which includes examples of calculating a claim https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-step-by-step-guide-for-employers?utm_source=e0c0b00f-15ae-4443-a5ee-0a9ea0f9278d&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate
For full details of the scheme, please refer to https://www.h-m.co.uk/news/practice-news/support-for-businesses-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme/
Also follow us on Linked In for further updates https://www.linkedin.com/company/accountants-congleton-cheshire