Cheshire West & Chester Discretionary Grants Fund – Deadline 1st June 2020
Cheshire West & Cheshire Local Authority have released details of their Discretionary Grants Fund.
Additional funding was made available to allow them to further support small businesses that have been affected by COVID19 but are outside the scope of the existing small business grants scheme and retail, hospitality and leisure scheme.
Eligible businesses must have been trading on 11 March 2020.
In-line with government guidance the following organisations will be prioritised:
- Local charities that specifically support residents of Cheshire and meet the guidance criteria
- Bed and Breakfast accommodation (excluding Airbnb) identified as paying council tax not business rates
- Shared spaces (e.g. multiple workshops with one rateable value assessment) that have been turned down under the normal grant scheme but meet the small business criteria
- Regular market traders who do not have their own business rate assessment;
This grant funding is for organisations that are not eligible for other support schemes. Organisations which have received cash grants from any central Government scheme are ineligible for funding from the Discretionary Grants Fund. Such grant schemes include but are not limited to:
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
- The Fisheries Response Fund
- Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme (DSSS).
- The Zoos Support Fund
- The Dairy Hardship Fund
Organisations who have applied for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme are eligible to apply for this scheme.
How to Apply & Further Guidance
The following link provides the full details of the scheme and an online application form. http://cwac.co/PYTen
Also follow Hammond McNulty on Linked In for further updates https://www.linkedin.com/company/accountants-congleton-cheshire